Managing Absenteeism - Carrots or Stick?
2. Theories to Measure, Cover and Take care of absenteeism
* Organisational behavior and day-to-day practice
Shown to: Mr. Junaid Shaikh
Presented by simply:
Student ID# F1002522
Module: Organisational Behavior
Programme: MBA вЂ“ UOW
Submission Time: 6th of May, 2010
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 . Introduction4
2 . Effect of Absenteeism on Business4
3. A comparison of Absenteeism between EU Countries5
4. Most frequent reason of Absence6
a few. Relevant Theories about Absenteeism7
* Inspiration Theory7
2. Herzberg's Two Factor Theory7
* Cleanliness Factors8
2. Motivator Factors8
* Attribution Theory (Weiner 1935)9
2. Equity Theory (Adams 1965)10
* Theory X and Theory Sumado a (Douglas McGregor 1960)10
2. Theory X10
* Theory Y11
6th. Calculation of Absenteeism 12
* Lost Time Rate13
* Consistency Rate13
* Bradford Factor14
7. Absenteeism Control Policies14
* Take up a proactive approach to absence14
* Set a clear deficiency policy in place14
2. Tackle shortage from the initial day15
5. Support collection managers to deal with the problem15
* Are a crew to Manage Absence15
* Inspire the team to compliment absent colleagues15
* Talk about your experiences15
* No longer rush in to outsourcing the problem15
8. Top ideas to cope with Absenteeism16
9. Managing Short-Term Absence16
10. Controlling Long-Term Absence17
11. Company Behaviour Theory relates to every day practice17 * Motivation17
* Communication, Making decisions and Negotiation18 * Turmoil and Politics18
* Persona (Individual Difference)19
12. Research 19
AbsenteeismВ is a consistentВ patternВ of lack from a duty or responsibility. Normally absenteeism has been considered as an signal of poor individual functionality, as well as a infringement of a contract between worker and employer. It was seen as a management issue, and framed in economical terms. Newer scholarship attempts to understand absenteeism as a great indicator of medical, mental, or interpersonal adjustment to work. Persons often tend to have different principles or attach different symbolism when observing the topic of worker absenteeism. Absenteeism occurs when the workers of a organization do not arrive to function due to any kind of scheduled time off, any illness, any injury, or any various other reason.
Before the start 20th hundred years, there was no concept of absenteeism in the agencies. As businesses were running on small scales with the limited number of people, so No attendance, No pay principle was adopted by the owners. Later on with the passage of time and with the expansion in businesses, labour union forced the firms to start absenteeism policy. Corporations therefore decided to start supplying paid vacations, sick leave, time off from work and paid sick and tired holidays. Although this alter was to assist in the employees although companies have realized that it costs them a whole lot. Companies for that reason have adopted different plans which we need to discuss under regarding taking care of absenteeism. A written report says that company who may have effective employee absence approaches can lessen their overall payroll costs by minimum 10 percent.
Sometimes going to work can be not a pleasant thought
A result of Absenteeism about Business
In line with the employee's viewpoint, one person's absence won't effect with the business, while business can be managed with the help of other acquaintances. However , in real it is not necessarily true. Relating to a organization report of BBC, Taking a one-off sickie may not appear too much of against the law, but they all equal to a major headaches for UK industry.
My numbers were so high that in accordance to a record by...
Recommendations: * Stephen, P. (2001), " Organizational BehaviourвЂќ, 9th Edition, Prentice Hall.
2. Ian, N. (2006), " Organizational Behavior: Individuals, Organizations and OrganizationsвЂќ, 3rd Model, Prentice Area.
* Trevor, B & Susan, H. (2002), " Human Resources Deficiency ManagementвЂќ, Spiro Business Manuals.
* Craig, C. (2005), " Operate Motivation in Organizational BehaviourвЂќ, 2nd Model, Prentice Hall.
* Ebrahim, A. (1991), " Relative Study of Herzberg is Two-Factor Theory of Task Satisfaction between Public and Private SectorsвЂќ, Record of Community Personal Managing, Vol. twenty.
5. Adams, J
* Troy, B. & Virginia, H. (2004), " Health risk factors and absenteeism amongst employeesвЂќ, American Journal of Health Studies
* Kotlarz, H
Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti -- FILS Systems of Gear Equations and Models in Physics, Executive and Economics Choosing professor: Valeriu Prepelita Bucharest,…...
The suitability of HSBC as a potential career strategy to undergraduates you Introduction This report will certainly evaluate and analyse HSBC to assess its suitability as a potential career…...